Sunday, December 30, 2012

So how's that working out for you?

In a recent post, I mentioned "I sometimes know my limits, and the morning after a full day of traipsing around the southern half of the state only leaves me feeling a little over-extended.  but there are times I push it, and must face the consequences, or the roulette wheel lands on "sucks to be you" and a low-key afternoon stroll sends me to flare-city."  Guess which side of the coin came up after yesterday's adventure?  

ooof.  

It could be worse.  It could be so much worse.  But I still find myself getting angry that a day of walking around (in the cold or not) leaves me feeling so beat up.  "It's not faaaaiiiir!" i want to whine to anyone who will listen.  But what IS fair?  

I made myself get dressed and leave the house today.  I knew that it'd be far too easy to waste the day on the couch, napping and wallowing in self-pity despite how amazing yesterday was.  Besides, I had some things I needed (new wiper blades and a headlight bulb for the car, some groceries), some things I wanted (big 50% off sale at Jo-Ann! woo!), and some things I really should've done but just didn't happen (visit my stepbrother, sister-in-law, and nieces who are in town).  I thought about pushing myself to fit in the visit, but after the grocery store, I knew I was running out of spoons and needed to get myself home.  Yes, it sucks.  the non-perishables are still on the kitchen floor, waiting to be put away, and I haven't had the oompf to tackle the car stuff.  

Do I regret yesterday's outing?  Heck no!  I'm still gushing about it to anyone who will listen!  

Would I do things differently next time?  Yes, probably.  I could find more opportunities to sit down and rest my sore foot.  I could take some time to stretch and flex and bend so my back/hips/knees don't stay so stiff.  I could remember to take some ibuprofen at lunch and/or dinner.  I could also suggest we split up for a bit, so he can move at his own (faster) pace.     

So, I will try again another day.  This stepbrother and his family live a reasonable driving distance away, so paying them a visit at a later date is doable.  The groceries will get put away after I post this entry.  I'll tackle the car stuff tomorrow when the sun is out and it's a bit warmer and I can back the car out of the garage.  I'll take my meds, and get a good night's sleep tonight, and start fresh tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment