Sunday, February 10, 2013

four out, one in

I'm not one to revel in the misfortune of others, but when I found out that Blue Jacket Books in Xenia lost a good chunk of their inventory due to a plumbing malfunction, it was just the push I needed to deal with the piles of books I'd been saving hoarding avoiding dealing with.

Troops were rallied via their Facebook page, and I publicly committed to doing what I could.  on Friday I called the shop and spoke to the owner, making arrangements to bring my stuff out on Saturday morning.  I potentially had a LOT more to offer, but Lawrence said he wasn't taking retired library books.  He has no problem with them personally, but they just don't sell.  

After weeding out the retired library books, and pitching a couple that somekitty peed on, I had four grocery bags of books.  mostly paperbacks, a few nonfiction.  He took them sight unseen, which was a relief.  Just in case, my second stop on my errand-run yesterday was the nearby Goodwill, just in case I had books leftover.  I did not want to bring any of them home.  

I went to Goodwill anyway, and got a top for me, some kid-jeans for a coworker's grandson, and a couple sweaters to be frogged  for the yarn.  Do I need more yarn?  no.  but frogging sweaters and knitting scarves are good TV activities, and help me justify my chick flicks and Torchwood marathons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment