Sunday, February 3, 2013

January Wrap-up

January is over, so I should probably see how I did on my goals for the month.

#1 - Pantry Challenge:  eat only what's currently in my house for the month of January.  

How I did:  not bad.  it was rough at first, but I did adjust.  I made two grocery trips, and while I did buy more than strictly necessary, I didn't have any unplanned post-work trips just because.  There were three days that I bought food, two of which were weekend days where packing my own food wasn't the best option (although it could've been done with some planning).  

The Numbers: 26/31 or 84%.  i call this one a huge success.  bonus:  it's got my friends inspired to pack their lunches, too, and we're starting to resume lunchtime games!  

*~*~*~*~*~*
#2 - Body Practice:  Move my body for at least 20 minutes ten (10) times in January.  that's roughly twice a week.

How I did:  i didn't.  Not even once.  this is pathetic, and I'm rather embarrassed by this.  

The Numbers:  0 out of 10, or 0%.  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
#3 - Use it or Lose it:  30 minutes of active decluttering three (3) times per week.  That means setting the time, flylady-style, and actually dividing and conquering, not just staring at the piles and berating myself for being a slob.

How I did:  um, well, while I found Unf*ck Your Habitat late in the month and downloaded the app, i only got four actual decluttering sessions in, three of them in one day. at the beginning of the month.  I haven't actually USED the UfYH App for anything other than amusement.  

The Numbers:  2/15, or 13%

~*~*~*~*~*~*
#4 - Financial challenge:  come up with a savings goal for the month; figure out a workable budget; set some short/mid/long-range financial goals.

How I did:  I didn't.  I'm still actively avoiding a pile of bills that needs to be dealt with, and I'm still making stupid mistakes and having lapses in judgement that are just embarrassing.  Clearly, this needs a LOT more work.  

The Numbers:  0/5, or 0%.

January's challenges, the take-away:  Maybe I was trying to do too much at once, and felt pulled in too many directions.  maybe I used being sick as an excuse for too many nights parked on the couch.  The bento lunches were tons of fun, and I really like having lunch with my friends daily.  I could do better trying to use up stuff in my pantry, but I'm getting there.  

for February, I'm going to continue to work on these four things.  There isn't much else I could add or change, really, so I should continue to focus on these core habits.  

How did your January go? 

No comments:

Post a Comment