Saturday, January 26, 2013

new things

I hope it's a sign of growth, and willingness to learn and expand my horizons, that I'm finding and incorporating new things in my life.  

last month, I began the Curly Girl treatment of my hair but co-washing with the super-expensive conditioning wash my stepmom got me.  my hair rejoiced!  over the last week, I've done some more reading on the methods and products, and today, I did my first co-wash with a new (cheaper) product, followed by my first plopping with another new-to-me (reasonably priced!) product.  and you know what?  my hair looks freaking awesome today.  i've got some serious curls going on, lots of nice thick clumps, no pyramiding, and virtually no frizz.  this makes me so damn happy!  the plopping will take some practice to get right and to break my terry towel head-wrap habit, but if I can look this awesome every day?  I'm in!

Sometime this past week, and I'm not even sure how (probably via Pinterest), i discovered Unfuck Your Habitat.  Not knowing the difference between a blog and tumblr must be a sign of my advancing age.  I guess blogging is for old farts like me, and tumblr is for the cool kids?  whatevs.  I will say, I like this approach.  It's like FlyLady for real people.  i haven't actually done any of the challenges or anything, but the before-and-afters are quite inspiring.  in fact, i PAID FOR and downloaded the app.  my house needs some serious unfucking, and maybe getting to play on my ipod while i do it will help?  


No comments:

Post a Comment