Monday, January 21, 2013

Turkey, ham and peaches again??

How long does it take to form a new habit?  some Googling tells me anywhere from 21 days to 66 days to maybe even longer.

Today is January 21st, so i'm just at the 21 day mark (-ish) for my new habits.  Some are clicking better than others.  and while i'm really getting into the groove of packing my lunch and cooking dinner, 21 days in seems kinda soon to already be in a lunch rut.  

there's no Monday Bento picture today, because today's bento was exactly the same as last week's bento, which was identical to the prior week's bento.  *sigh*

I'm not sure what it's going to take to shake that up.  I have pinned a bunch of bento lunches, but I haven't bothered to really dig into them.

I even treated myself to a new lunch container and snack container after coveting a friend's.  the lunch cube is HUGE.  I can pack a TON in it:

Lunch Cube to go by Sistema -- BPA free! 

That's about 1.5 cups of raw veggies and some dip on the left.  the flap closes over and snaps, but does not seal (sauce or liquid would leak out if tipped).  the right side is divided not quite equally, and i was able to cram in so much food:  two turkey/ham roll-ups, a cheese stick, a fruit cup, and a leftover biscuit.  It was more than i could eat during my lunch break.  i had the biscuit later that afternoon when I need to gnaw on something out of stress/boredom, but I sure wasn't hungry.  

Lunch Cube to Go by Sistema - it's HUGE!

I mean, just look at that thing.  It'll be great for salads.  I have to remind myself that I am  not required to cram my containers full.  I can leave space.  It's such a novel idea to me, the whole less-is-more thing.  Today I'd say I ate about half of what I'd normally shovel down, and I was fine.  I was hungry on the drive home, sure, but I had a loose plan for dinner, so it was no big deal.  

Tomorrow's lunch will be leftovers from tonight's dinner (chicken and veggies loosely stir-fried with rice noodles and an over-seasoned sauce that I don't think I could replicate).  when dishing up my dinner, I went for a small bowl vs a large plate.  ditto for packing up the leftovers.  I got two servings out for the fridge, and plenty of fresh veggies to bulk it up when I nuke it.  

*~*~*~*~*~
for the record, I am 19 out of 21 for the "don't spend money on food" thing.  go me!  *happydance*  As for the other two?  Well, um, I uh, am not doing so well.  more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment